I wanted to take a moment to sketch out what’s still upcoming for the resolution of the Hextech Revolution storyline. After that, I’ll map out Intermission a bit more.
Here’s what needs to be done. I’ve sort of been taking a break, but I’m going to do my best to get this all wrapped up soonish, maybe within the next week.
- Voidpocalypse lore update. We’ll be writing up a lore update to describe the averting of the Voidpocalypse.
- Battle of Shurima aftermath. We’ll also put up a final post summarizing the political fallout of the Battle of Shurima. Here’s what we have so far:
- Demacia: The League is posting sentries on Demacia’s borders. Demacia is forbidden from deploying its army without League approval. This effectively prevents a Demacian surprise attack. Its research rate was also reduced for the final research rolls.
- Piltover and Bandle City: They didn’t get that much pyrikhos access. This lowered their BoP modifier for their final research rolls.
- Demacia, Piltover, and Bandle City will be forced to help repair the damage done to Zaun’s army and mining facilities, slowing down their own recovery.
- Zaun: Zaun won the dispute, and per their request the League will largely refrain from policing pyrikhos use. However, the Voidpocalypse situation has added a caveat: the League is going to be auditing Zaunite megacorps periodically, and might slow down their riskier research projects. (Some megacorps will surely try to dodge these inspections, which might lead to them being shut down entirely if/when it comes out. Spying on Zaun and ratting out their dangerous projects will be an espionage option going forward.)
- All four factions are going to be in the doghouse for the next arc or so. They won’t have much heft with the League, and will be pushed around by League officials somewhat more harshly than usual. We might formalize this with a Politics or Diplomacy system.
- The Atlanteans. Bandle City completed its Atlanteans project. We’re writing up some lore for this. We’d like to write an epilogue concerning the Atlanteans and the Marai, and some others. We’ll be giving Bandle City some neat stuff as compensation, and this will be an ongoing plot thread. (Finally, Nami gets to move her story forward!) It should tie in nicely with the next arc.
- Demacian tournament prize. Demacia is going to get a prize for winning the tournament. We’re thinking of giving them a choice of NPC ally. We’ll couple this with a survey for Zaun to select their new Solar Codex research. (We might even give Piltover/Bandle City some kind of poll concerning Nami and Fizz, wrapping up the arc with one final lore event.)
- Summoner’s Herald. We are going to be publishing a new edition of the Summoner’s Herald soon. Want to write something? Send in a pitch! DarkbreakerEx wants your stories.
Part VI: The Isle of Cupcakes (name subject to change)
Here are the major discussions and design elements pending for the sixth arc.
- Tournament/Featured Match Rules. I’ve been revising the draft based on comments. I hope to have a semi-final version posted up onto LeagueFactions.net in the next couple days.
- New Storyline. We have a big staff GDoc going. I think it’s starting to come together. I’m drafting up a new version which I’ll send around for staff commentary. Basically, it’s going to involve the discovery of a new continent to explore. A lot of the ideas from the discussion thread will fit into this framework.
- Factions Poll. Once we have the basics hammered out, we can post up a prompt and construct a proper faction selection poll. We know Bilgewater is in. What we’ll then do is list other available factions. For each, we’ll provide a summary of what they want to accomplish, an overview of their strengths/weaknesses as a faction (e.g. military, research), and a three-tiered Champion list. Each faction will have core Champions (Champions who will almost certainly be on their starting roster), secondary Champions (Champions who will be regularly available for pickup, maybe one or two per month), and tertiary Champions (quirky “bonus” Champions for whom the factions will have to fight to bring them onto the roster.)
- World Systems. We’re going to rework the world systems of Factions — e.g. military and research — and add some new ones in. More on this later. I’m going to draft something up in consultation with staff and then post it for community review.
- Community. Another discussion that needs to happen is how we can promote positive conduct and deter negative conduct.
- Another General Discussion. We will hopefully also be able to have one more “so what else do we need to add/remove/change?” thread. All major issues should be resolved before the next arc starts, so we can spend less time arguing about rules and more time fighting for the fate of Runeterra.
- New Skill Adjust System. I will gather up some more datasets, along with results from balance-testing matches, and do some proper statistical analysis to try to improve our skill-adjust algorithm for the next arc’s scoreboard.
- Staff. We’ll continue hiring staff until every department is amply staffed and everyone knows what their responsibilities are for the next arc.
Finally, here are some more intermission funtimes reminders.
- Intermission Tournaments. I need to post the signups for the next round (draft a faction) tonight. There’ll also be a Community vs. Staff tournament, and (perhaps) a Factions Grudge Matches tournament (for Noxus vs. Ionia and such).
- Balance-Testing Matches. Go play some!
So, anyway, there you go!