So here we are the first set of petitions have come and there are some interesting results. Remember that failed petitions and failed support or oppose actions both cost 10 favor from that faction. Also the critical success roll for petitions is applied to support or oppose actions but will only be X2 at best.
In order for clarity and in order to not favor a faction, all favor loses will be counted after all petitions are finished.The end result for the factions on whether to oppose or support is as follows:
- Bilgewater: Will oppose Ionia’s petition. (won by two votes over support Shadow Isles)
- Freljord: Will support Bilgewater for its petition. (Beat out “Oppose Ionia” by one vote.)
- Ionia: Will oppose Shadow Isles’ petition. (Won by one vote due to an “Oppose Bilgewater” vote being disqualified.)
- Shadow Isles: Will oppose Bilgewater’s petition. (And they were going to help. No ultimate betrayal here.)
Now then for the favor rolls for two weeks. Dice used is 2d21-22 with the number be added or subtracted. (1d21-11 is the default.)
- Bilgewater: 5. 95+5=100 total favor
- Freljord: 3. 90+3=93 total favor
- Ionia: 5. 70+5=75 total favor.
- Shadow Isles: -9. 70-9=61 total favor
So that leaves us with the actual petition results:
- Wants a tertiary champion. Difficulty is 170. Bilgewater will burn favor. Freljord is assisting and Shadow Isles are opposing.
- Math: Roll is 37. Burn favor: 37*2=74. 74+37=111 favor from rolling.
- Frejlordian Assistance: 50+93=143. 143-100=43. 43/2=22 added favor. Bilgewater now up to 133 from rolls.
- Shadow Isle Opposition: 79+61=140. 140-100=40. 40/2=20 added favor to the difficulty. Bilgewater is now at 113 from rolls.
- Final result: 113+100=213 total favor against 170 DC. Bilgewater is successful!
- Bilgewater is now at 34 favor due to burning. Shadow Isles loses 10 favor for a failing oppose.
- Wants a secondary champion. Difficulty is 120. No one is helping or opposing. No favor will be burned.
- Math: Roll is 53. 53+93=146. 146>120
- Final Result: 146 favor againist 120 DC. The Frejlord is successful!
- Wants a secondary champion. Difficulty is 120. Bilgewater is opposing. No favor will be burned.
- Math: Roll is 19. 19+75=94 favor. 94<120 but we still need to see Bilgewater.
- Bilgewater opposition: rollled a 91. 91+100×2=291. 291-100=291. 191/2=96. Ionia is now at -2 favor for it to pass.
- Final Result: -2 favor against 120 DC. Ionia has fail their petition and will lose 10 favor.
- Wants a secondary champion. Difficulty is 120. Ionia is opposing. No favor will be burned.
- Math: 82. 82+61×2 due to rolling over 80= 204. 204>120 but then Ionia is here.
- Ionian Opposition: Roll 86. 86+75×2=237. 237-100=137. 137/2=69. 69 x 1.5 (Ionia special feature)=104 favor aginist.
- Final result: 204-104=100 favor. 100 favor against 120 DC. Shadow Isles has failed and loses 10 favor.
- Ionia gains 5 favor due to a successful oppose.
Bilgewater and Frejlord both have succeeded at their petitions. Polls for both factions will be coming shortly. Ionia and Shadow Isles both failed and lose favor, though Ionia gains some back through its successful opposition of Shadow Isles.
- Biglewater: 34 favor. 66 lost due to burning.
- Freljord: 93 favor.
- Ionia: 70 favor. Lost -10 for failing their petitions but gained +5 for a successful oppose.
- Shadow Isles: 41 favor. Lost -10 for a failed oppose and -10 for a failed petition.
If you have any comments, put them below. Research rolls will be sometime tonight.