These are Zaun’s options for Interactive Lore Event V: The Beginning of the End.
Zaun holds a dominant position, and stands at the brink of victory. However, after the recent disasters in the Shuriman mines, some fear that Zaun and all of Valoran could end up paying dearly for this new power. So far, the megacorporations running the mines are blocking efforts to investigate what’s going on down there.
Zaun may select one of three paths, each bringing with it the support of a new Champion.
This is a one-time opportunity to select a path forward. Though the Champions listed here might be available through (e.g.) tournament victories, doing so would not grant Zaun the full effects of the path they’re associated with.
A New Leaf
- Champion: Janna (joins as a secondary Champion)
- Janna and Zac urge Zaun to turn over a new leaf, rein in the megacorporations, and make Zaun better instead of simply stronger.
- “Good Guy Zaun”
- Initiates the Noxian Decontamination project with a +2 bonus.
- HKEM, NecroTek, Demonic Pact, and certain other psycho options are no longer available.
- Reduces Danger Level by 3.
- Zaun becomes a nicer place.
The Call of the Void
- Champion: Vel’koz
- Vel’koz is fascinated by Zaun’s progress. He offers to reveal the true power of the Void.
- “Embrace the Dark Side”
- +2 research bonus for: NecroTek, PsiKorps, certain other Void-related projects.
- Void Energy upgrade: Zaun summons Voidlings and other monstrosities during battle.
- Increases Danger Level by 3.
- Zaun picks up two new projects this week, rather than just one.
- Zaun gets spookier. They might be opening the door to all the Void monsters that have been scratching at the windows for aeons.
- Champion: Xerath
- Xerath is impressed by Zaun’s mastery of the pyrikhos. So far, Zaun and every other faction has been stitching together bits and pieces of half-understood old Shuriman texts. Xerath is a “living” Shuriman mage of immense power. He cannot simply “teach” them, but he will tell them of the Solar Codex, an ancient tome hidden in the space between moments in the deepest ruined foundations of Shurima. It is the bedrock of Shuriman magic, whence could spring anew those lost arts.
- “The Long Road to Greatness”
- Initiates the Solar Codex project, a gateway project that would unlock new high-tier research projects.
- This “tech tree” offers fewer immediate benefits than ordinary research options, but has the greatest potential over time. How much time? It is hard to say.
Zaun has some new research options.
- NecroTek: Research the undead from the battle against Nefara and try to create tech-zombies to fight for Zaun. (Danger Level +2)
- HKEM: Large-scale techmaturgic biochemical weaponry. Singed’s project. Poison gas, flesh-melting distortion beams, radioactive bombs. (Danger Level +2)
- PsiKorps: Train psionic secret agents with techmaturgic camouflage.
- TekFortress: Reinforce Zaun’s defenses.
- Noxian Decontamination: Cleanse Noxus of the Void contamination from the Void War. Would potentially limit Zaun’s access to the raw materials for Pharmakon, though with Extradimensional Theory they can manufacture their own now.
Having completed the Extradimensional Theory project, Zaun may also select a high-level research project building upon that one.
- Hyperspace Tunnel: Warpgate upgrade that allows teleportation without a receiving warpgate. (Much more limited in terms of range and what can travel through.) (Danger Level +1)
- Infinity Engine: A Void-powered propulsion system, a building block for aerospace technology.
- Chaos Capacitor: A massive spire that absorbs surges of chaos energy and reduces the chances of rift formation.
- Demonic Pact: Zaun could begin bargaining with the demons of the Void, seeking a patron of their own. (Danger Level +3)
Build a warpgate
Zaun currently has a warpgate to Shurima. They can start building another to provide warpgate access to one of the following places:
- the Freljord
- Bandle City
Spy on Bandle City.
Zaun can try to spy on Bandle City’s space program. If successful, they can start their own space research. The odds aren’t great.
- Chances of success: 50%
- Chances of being caught: 40%
Would violate the treaty with Bandle City.
There are riots in Noxus. Swain asks for help putting them down. Zaun has three options:
- Deploy troops (Power 2) to quickly smash the rebels. Would strengthen the Noxian regime and help cement its alliance with Zaun.
- Do nothing.
- Secretly help destabilize the regime. This would increase the chances of eventual regime change in Noxus. If Zaun feels the old regime is broken or ineffective, this might be a good option. Likewise, if Zaun wants to turn over a new leaf, this might increase the odds of a reform-minded government eventually taking hold in Noxus.
Ready to vote?