I’ve completed the rolls for part II of the Battle of Shurima. You can read the blow-by-blow here.
Here are the relevant links for background:
Here’s the tl;dr on what just happened:
- Malzahar went all “muahahahaha” as the Voidpocalypse began, just as Ceruleana’s prophecy foretold.
- Demacia, Piltover, and Bandle City charged back into the fray to fight alongside Zaun and Noxus, who suddenly became convinced that Demacia was onto something.
- With help from the fragments of the other nations’ forces that were still capable of fighting, Zaun and Noxus broke through the Void swarms and reached the opening portal.
- The Screaming Yipsnakes went down. Otherwise, no casualties on the non-Void side.
Zaun now has some options. Merricurry has roughly estimated the probabilities involved, though she can’t be certain. These mines are pretty important for Zaun’s research and production, and their loss would be meaningful. Then again, it’s easier to bargain with the League for more land than it is to convince Malzahar to change his mind and call off the apocalypse.
If you want to think about this from an in-universe perspective, this Voidpocalypse could be the end of Runeterra. If you insist on piercing the veil with out-of-universe information, you realize that we probably aren’t planning to actually end the world. (It’d make the next arc hard.) It would probably end up as “merely” another Void invasion, albeit of a much larger magnitude than in Discord, and of all the factions Zaun seems most likely to make it through in one piece.
It’s time to make your choice. But you’d better hurry up. These Voidlings are getting really excited, and we can only hold them back so long.
- Nuke it from orbit: it’s the only way to be sure. Let Demacia use Cosmic Purity to destroy the pyrikhos in the mines and shut the portal. Guaranteed to work, but will render the dark sand in the mines inert.
- Have cake, eat cake. Try to close it with Extradimensional Theory. Will keep the pyrikhos usable. 80% odds of success. Failure means Voidpocalypse.
- I’ve decided to become a Bond villain. Try to control the portal, deciding which factions get hit with Voidlings. 40% chance of success. Failure means Voidpocalypse.