With the addition of RaptorAttacks as Lead Raptor for the Recruiting/Community team, I’ve decided to take a moment to solicit additional assistance. Raptors hunt in packs, after all.
We need people who are well-spoken, friendly, and proficient with forums/Reddit/other means of communication.
Recruiting and Community Responsibilities
Here’s what R/C staff will do.
- Recruit more Summoners. More players means more matches, more energy, more ideas. Increasing the number of active Summoners is a primary, ongoing objective. Recruiting staff help publicize Factions and coordinate recruitment efforts.
- Help new Summoners. We need people to take the lead in welcoming new Summoners to Factions and helping them get started.
- Facilitate communication. It’s important to keep people informed of upcoming tournaments, lore events, and the like.
Here are some very concrete examples of tasks I might assign.
- “I’m going to put you in charge of helping out new Ionian players. They’ll be told to friend you when they sign up if they need some help.”
- “See if you can get us over 100 viewers for the stream this weekend. Maybe do a GD/Reddit thread? Up to you.”
- “Can you talk to Piltover and gather some ideas for their next lore event? Maybe start a thread if you think it would help?”
However, staffers are free, encouraged, and in fact expected to take the initiative. In the case of R/C, that means anything that helps improve the community or bring in more Summoners.