The second and final tournament of the Nyroth dispute has arrived. It will take place on December 13-14, starting at 11:30 am Pacific both days. It will be streamed live on Twitch at twitch.tv/LeagueFactions.
The first day of the tournament, December 13, will be a round robin. In which, each faction will face every other faction involved in the arc. If a tiebreaker match is needed, it will be held at the beginning of the second day of the tournament, December 14. The second day of the tournament will be the finals. The 2 teams that performed the best in the round robin will face off in the finals as a best of 5 game set.
As is the common thread this arc, we as staff have yet to collectively come to a decision as to what the prizes will be. I will post the prizes as soon as we figure everything out.
As a full sized tournament, the prizes will be very large, whatever they end up being.
The teams will work the same as the previous Nyroth tournament.
Teams will be pre-organized by players. Each team will have the skill tiers of HGGSB. (For the veterans who notice the change from the old DPGSB set up, we had to change the set up since we now combine Diamond and Plat into High tier.) The teams will be chosen by “captains.” Anyone can be a captain for their faction, they simply need to organize a team that fits the skill tiers, and all of the players are from their faction. Players can also sign up to play and will be put down on a list for the captains organizing teams so they can chose from players who are available.
Captains are going to be needed to organize these games. Anyone can become a captain for their faction’s team. Here is what the job of captain entails:
- Organize team: Find players from your faction to fill the skill tiers and submit the team rosters.
- Invite players on game day: In the games your team is playing in, you will be invited to game lobby. You will then be given invite powers and will be responsible for getting your team in the lobby in time to play.
- Continuing off of above, captains do have the power to make last minute changes to their team roster and get subs for their team, so long as the subs are from their faction. The overfill rule can be used, but only as a last minute resort. If you can not find a player to fill a skill tier, or underfill, staff can help (although the majority of the responsibility still lies with the captain), and only if no one can find a player to fill, the overfill rule will be applied.
Any of the responsibilities above can be delegated to your co-captain (if you have one).
Sign Up for the Tournament here
- Team Submissions – If you have a team assembled, submit it here.
- Player Sign Ups – If you wish to play, but not to personally organize a team, sign up here so captains making the teams know you want to play.
- Available Players – If you are a captain looking for players, here is a list of players who are willing and able to play this weekend.
In what is a reoccurring computer error, the player sign up form did not have the proper faction names listed. I have now fixed this. It would be best for all those who already signed up to resubmit the form with the correct faction name.
[…] The final tournament of the Nyroth arc is this weekend. Come watch and cheer your faction on! They may even need last-minute fills. […]
[…] feel this is the most fair solution for the time being. If she’s still somehow disabled when the tournament hits, we can […]
so what faction is what or is it supposed to be randomized?
I wouldn’t mind seeing this during the upcoming Intermission.
The player signup sheet lists Faction 1, Faction 2, etc. etc. under the Faction selection instead of the Faction names.