I’ve copied the final Shon-Xan email below, for those who aren’t on the list.
First off, this event concludes at the end of March 28, so take a look and have your say if you haven’t:
There are some big decisions for both sides to make, and it warms my confectionery heart to see a lot of spirited debate in the Factions chat. (Although the best argument so far was from the eloquent Summoner Nhan, advocating the redeployment of battle-weary Noxian troops to reinforce the settlement: “ALL IN NO PAIN NO GAIN YOLO 420 BLAZE IT”.)
This is the final Shon-Xan email. (Click here if you want to sign up to be notified with a single email when the next arc starts.) Thank you all for participating in this fourth Factions arc. Although some of us are probably a little tired of Noxus vs. Ionia and are looking forward to a change of pace, we had a lot of great matches, and I’m very proud of what we’ve all accomplished as a community.
I have a few key updates for anyone who hasn’t heard:
- The public poll to select the first two playable factions for the next arc has concluded! The winners are Bandle City and Piltover. (Close runners-up: the Shadow Isles and the Void.)
- Ionia has prevailed in the Shon-Xan dispute, ultimately winning by more than 30 points. Ionian Summoners are thus entitled to cast a vote to select a third faction for next arc. We’re combining this vote with the interactive lore event that concludes at the end of March 28.
- We are closing the Shon-Xan storyline with an interactive lore event which runs through today, March 28. It’s clear that Ionia has won, but Ionia must decide how it will leverage that victory. Noxus, for its part, has some difficult choices to make about its present and future. Cast your votes and shape the future of Runeterra.
- Improving match balance is a primary objective as we head into the next arc. To that end, we’re performing some balance testing experiments designed to generate empirical evidence on the appropriate point-weighting of the tiers. We need volunteers for these test matches, which are run as non-Factions full-roster Summoner’s Rift matches. Click here for more information.
- Although RL may intercede, we are working double-time to launch the next storyline by March 31. Click here to sign up for a single email notification when that happens, so you can be among the first to hit the Fields of Justice fighting for your faction.
- We have added two new lore channels, both of which are designed around community contributions: Beyond the Battlefield (stories somewhat outside the primary storyline) and The Summoner’s Herald (an in-universe newspaper similar to the Journal of Justice). If you’d like to write some Factions lore, send us a pitch via those pages.
As always, feel free to email me with any questions or comments.